Project Scope Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Scope Engineer to join our Team in Warwick. In role you would be responsible for creating, correcting and maintaining scoping documents. You will build publications within the Content Management System (CMS) to allow Semcon Technical Communicators to commence authoring.
This opportunity would be well suited to an individual that is experienced or has an interest in technical publications and handling large amounts of data.
- Define, create and maintain standardised scoping documents to deliver an accurate specification for the development of well-defined service delivery scopes and resource plans.
- Liaise with our customers designated personnel to understand requirements and work together to define the optimum output.
- Review completed publications and update the scoping document to match the final output and communicate to relevant customer sites.
- Build publications in accordance with customer standards and site requirements.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the CMS.
- Develop a standardised scoping document template for each machine type/group.
- Develop a strategy for scoping document content which maximizes the opportunity for re-use between projects.
- Provide a standardised and documented handover of the project to the authoring team.
- Collate project data in a standardised format to form part of the handover to the authoring team.
- Ensure titles in the scoping document are compliant to Simplified Technical English (STE) and the terminology used is in accordance to the Multi-Term Work Flow (MTWF). Identify any additional terminology phrases needed.
- Ensures the titles in the scoping document match the intended content.
- Machine maintenance and operation experience essential
- Analytical with a considerable attention to detail over prolonged periods of time.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members and our customers sites.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task to achieve deadlines.
- Interpret information and quantify against given standards.
- Ability to adapt and build relationships of trust across multiple cultures.
- Act in a professional manner at all times.
- A knowledge of products within the Agricultural Industry is desirable, but not essential.
- An ability to teach/coach others.
- Technically minded
Hours & Location:
- 40 Hours Monday – Friday
- Warwick – Hybrid working
We pride ourselves on being people who put people first. For us at Semcon, the most important factor is always our end users, the people actually using the technology- People first, then technology. Our mission is improved user experience through digitalisation of product information. With the right people who are inspired to make a difference by achieving our shared goals, we deliver our vision in becoming the preferred choice within product information.
We celebrate successes through employee recognition initiatives and we live our culture through strong value principles and promoting well-being. Learning and renewal is of upmost importance in our ambition to be the market leader within product information. With a strong focus on professional development, each person is in charge of their own pathway within the structured Contribution and Development dialogue framework.
We offer fair base salaries, complemented by a generous benefits package
Semcon actively promote employee health and well-being with a range of initiatives including:
- Flexible hybrid working
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company funded medical cash plan and retail discount scheme
- Free Office Tea/Coffee/Healthy Snacks
- Product Information UK
- Product Information
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Project Scope Engineer
Loading application form