Schematics Technical Author
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Schematics Technical Author to join our expanding team in Warwick.
In role, you will create and update schematics technical publications to the highest quality as printable and/or digital publications.
- Gather, collate, and interpret engineering information.
- Communicate with key internal and customer stakeholders.
- Utilise a suite of structured creation tools and guidelines, interpret technical specifications to create customer-focused publications.
- Utilise source data and software tools.
- Create schematics, simplifying complex systems into structured and understandable content.
- Manage validation workshops in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Proof-read documentation ensuring all deliverables meet the required standards.
- Experienced with E3 software preferable but not essential.
- Excellent English, both written and spoken.
- High level of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic technical aptitude and understanding.
- Agricultural / Plant machinery experience preferable but not essential.
- Ability to research information required to complete tasks.
- Ability to refine and develop existing processes and work methods.
- Strong communication skills particularly influencing and persuading.
- Capable of managing and prioritising workload and working to tight deadlines.
- Able to identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions.
- Experience working with software designed for circuit diagram creation.
- Knowledge and experience of how to write and adapt content for specific target groups.
- Understanding of DIN standards.
- Team Player.
Hours & Location:
- 40 Hours Monday to Friday
- Warwick – Hybrid flexible working
We pride ourselves on being people who put people first. For us at Semcon, the most important factor is always our end users, the people actually using the technology- People first, then technology. Our mission is improved user experience through digitalisation of product information. With the right people who are inspired to make a difference by achieving our shared goals, we deliver our vision in becoming the preferred choice within product information.
We celebrate successes through employee recognition initiatives and we live our culture through strong value principles and promoting well-being. Learning and renewal is of upmost importance in our ambition to be the market leader within product information. With a strong focus on professional development, each person is in charge of their own pathway within the structured Contribution and Development dialogue framework.
We offer fair base salaries, complemented by a generous benefits package
Semcon actively promote employee health and well-being with a range of initiatives including:
- Flexible hybrid working
- Company enhanced sick pay
- Excellent pension scheme
- Fitness & Wellbeing subsidy
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company funded medical cash plan and retail discount scheme
- Free Office Tea/Coffee/Healthy Snacks
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
- Product Information UK
- Product Information
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Schematics Technical Author
Loading application form